Monday, March 19, 2007

Friendship

I received this via e-mail from a dear friend and think
it worth passing on to you.

THIS SAYS IT ALL;
Time passes.
Life happens.
Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
Careers end.
BUT - Sisters are there, no matter how much time
and how many miles are between you.
A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you
have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life
will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you
intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms
at the valley's end.
Sometimes they will even break the rules and walk
beside you, or come in and carry you out.
Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law,
sisters, sisters-in-law, mothers, grandmothers, aunties,
nieces, cousins and extended family all bless our life.
When we began this adventure called womanhood,we
had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay
ahead, not did we know how much we would need
each other.
Every day, we need each other still.

I wish I had realized these things many, many years ago.
I rushed through life not keeping in touch with friends along
the way and now realize I have no friends that I have had since
school days. No complaining though because I have wonderful
friends and family now.

6 comments:

Mrs.Kate.W said...

I love that...I have been blessed with great female friends and family members. I hope that I can be as much a support to them as they have been to me!

emilyruth said...

true true!
girlfriends are the best:)

Kelly said...

There is nothing better than being able to pick up where you left off with an old friend. There are some friendships that will last a lifetime, no matter the distance.

emmi said...

Wow! That made me cry. OK, I do cry easily still but the sentiments are beautiful. Thanks for the great thoughts.

Emily (Fox) Mickelsen

Angie said...

"A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her."

Perfectly said! I love it!

Great job on the blog, darling Grandma :)

S White said...

I love the start of it better. But overall good one and very ture.